Easy Integration, Total Compatibility, and Non-Obsolescence are Core Components in Our Technology Strategy
TeeJet Continues to Lead the Way in Precision Farming Through Early Adoption and Implementation of International Standards
Growers and commercial applicators are quick to adopt new technology when the benefits justify the investment and increased profitability results. Advanced control and monitoring systems are now widely used with many implements to improve accuracy, efficiency, and productivity. Most of these systems require a control or display to be mounted in the tractor cab. This can lead to a cluttered collection of cables, brackets, and control consoles in the cab.
A new generation of implement control systems takes advantage of modern networking capabilities to improve functionality and value and reduce cab clutter. Our modular approach to precision farming allows our systems to easily control multiple implements from a single console. We are committed to this design philosophy and are taking it one step further through ISOBUS standardization.
A Bit About ISOBUS
In 2001, farm machinery manufacturers agreed to implement standards to enable tractors, implements, and farm management systems to use common communication interfaces. This will enable products from different manufacturers to easily communicate with one another and eliminate
implement-specific control devices, terminals, and displays. A single monitor in the cab will control all implements – round baler, sprayer, spreader, etc., – and communicate with the tractor and farm management system to facilitate documentation of all field activities.
Very specific standards have been developed: ISO 11783, often referred to as ISOBUS. The standards are quite complex and industry wide adoption is expected to take time. Europe is leading the way with many equipment manufacturers offering ISOBUS implement control and monitoring solutions. North America is moving forward as well, although at a slightly slower pace.
As a global leader in application technology and implement control, we are among the first to design our products to ISO 11783 standards to ensure easy integration and compatibility with other manufacturers’ equipment now and in the future.
How You’ll Benefit from ISOBUS Standardization
Our product development teams in Europe and North America are focused on ISOBUS standardization. At present, we offer in-cab consoles (also commonly referred to as virtual terminals), GPS speed sensors, and implement control computers that are ISOBUS compatible. In the months and years ahead, our entire line of electronic products will be compliant as well.
Here’s how you’ll benefit from our commitment to ISOBUS:
- Better value – a single terminal for all operations means you won’t have to purchase a control console for each implement.
- Easier to use – just one terminal to learn.
- Easier to install – “plug-and-play” becomes a reality through standardized plugs, cables, and software.
- More flexibility – choose the product best suited to your needs without worrying about compatibility with other implements and equipment.
- Better documentation – all data collection is handled from a single point and easily transferred to your main computer.
- Investment security – the products you buy today will be usable well into the future.
To take advantage of these benefits, consider these options:
- When you purchase your next tractor or combine, make sure it is ISOBUS compatible or has an optional ISOBUS package.
- Purchase ISOBUS–compatible implements that come with an ISOBUS monitor.
- Buy an ISOBUS monitor and use it with ISOBUS implements.
- It is possible to use ISOBUS-compatible implements on a non-ISOBUS tractor, but you don’t gain the full system benefits.
Technological leadership: another important reason to depend on TeeJet for all your application solutions.
For more information about ISOBUS and ISO 11783 standards, see: